👉All Predictions

Joao Felix Places Condition For Permanent Chelsea Stay - Legit Sports 

Joao Felix Places Condition For Permanent Chelsea Stay - Legit Sports

Joao Felix Places Condition For Permanent Chelsea Stay - Legit Sports 

Joao Felix has hinted he could be open to joining Chelsea on a permanent basis but stressed the importance of Champions League football in determining his future. 

The 23-year-old joined Chelsea in January on a six-month loan from Atletico Madrid, shortly after extending his contract with the LaLiga club to 2027.

Joao Felix has recovered from the disappointment of a rash red card on his debut against Fulham to produce a series of promising displays, scoring once in six outings to date. 

Chelsea have spent around £600 million since Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital led a takeover of the club last May but will target further reinforcements this summer, although they are yet to decide whether to pursue a longer-term deal for Felix.

Asked for his view on the situation, Felix told a news conference on Monday: “In terms of if I want to stay or not, I think the future, no-one knows. Now I am just focused on tomorrow’s game. After that, we don’t know what will happen. But I am happy here. The club is so big is amazing, everyone behind the club is so good so yes I am happy to be here.”

Chelsea will attempt to overturn a 1-0 first-leg deficit in their Champions League round-of-16 tie with Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday, an achievement which would ease the pressure on head coach Graham Potter.

Chelsea secured a 1-0 win over Leeds United on Saturday to record their first victory since Jan. 15 and only their third in 16 games across all competitions a run which has left them languishing in 10th place, 11 points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham.